DC is committed to giving everyone the best options for their sexual health care. And for the Latinx community, we’ve put together a list of the most accessible resources tailored just for you, including health care locations that offer services in Spanish. Below you’ll find fact sheets, campaigns, clinics, and reading materials that, we hope, will help you feel connected to your community. Most of all, we hope you feel empowered to always take control of your sexual health.
VOICES FROM THE COMMUNITY
FOR SEX & YOUR HEALTH
- Latino Sexuality provides sex positive and accurate sexual health information for Latinx people.
- Latino AIDS is HIV services for the Latinx community.
- Aida Mandulay, MSW, is a Latinx sex educator and activist.
- #PrEPforHer Campaign empowers women of color to learn more about PrEP, which is 90% effective at preventing HIV infection.
- PrEP Pledge Transgender Latina Campaign is all about helping trans Latinas learn more about PrEP.
- The Tome el control de su vida sexual guide provides information about sexual health for men and women of all ages.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Andromeda is culturally sensitive healthcare with providers who speak Spanish.
- La Clinica Del Pueblo is a healthcare clinic for the Latinx community.
- Mary’s Center is a community health care center that offers Spanish-language care.
- NovaSalud provides culturally-competent and language-appropriate HIV/AIDS services and prevention education.
- Neighbors’ Consejo offers mental health services to the Spanish-speaking community.
- Condoms, the shot, the IUD… there are a million different ways to prevent a pregnancy. Let Bedsider be your birth control guide.
- Looking for a 100% Spanish maternity resource? Mamá Beauté es la opción correcta.
RELATIONSHIP HELP & ADVICE
- HipLatina Relationships provides sex and relationship advice, from a Latinx perspective.
- “Dating Latinos…It’s Different” is an open, honest, and culturally competent insight into the world of dating cis-Latino men.
- Latinx on the Rise is a podcast that interviews artists, content creators and more in the community in the Latinx community. Check on this episode on online dating.
- Sexpresate! is a show about sex and relationships
- Doctora Claudia Campos is a sexologist who gives advice about dating and sex.
- My Sister’s Place is DC’s first hotline, first domestic violence shelter, and first Batterer Intervention group. **Please Note: If you share a computer with your abuser, be sure that he or she cannot check to see what websites you have visited.**
OUR CITY, OUR COMMUNITY
- OLA is the Mayor’s Office on Latino Affairs.
- Ayuda offers legal, social, and language services to immigrants in the DC and Virginia area.
- Center Latinx of The DC Center for the LGBT Community is a community group for the Latinx LGBT community in DC.
- Carecen offers housing services and legal help to the Latinx community in DC.
- Latin American Youth Center is a youth program for the Latinx community.
- El Tiempo Latino is Washington, DC’s newspaper in Spanish!