Here in the District, we proudly support our LGBTQ+ communities, including same gender loving men. And part of that support means creating tools and resources that are tailored specifically to you. Below, you’ll find fact sheets, campaigns, clinics, and reading materials that — we hope –will help you feel connected to your community and your sexual health.
VOICES FROM THE COMMUNITY
FOR SEX & YOUR HEALTH
- Visit the Explore PrEP campaign to learn more about PrEP, which is 90% effective at preventing HIV.
- Class is in session! Today’s topic? Gay Sex Ed.
- The #UEqualsU Movement explains what it really means when HIV is undetectable.
- Condoms are great, they’re even better when they’re free!
- PrEP Squad DC is probably the sexiest PrEP campaign you’ve ever seen. Behind all that brawn there’s a powerful message about PrEP.
- Need to talk to somebody about sex, with absolutely no judgement? Chat with an expert on MTV’s It’s Your Sex Life website.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Whitman-Walker Health offers stigma-free health care.
- Us Helping Us (POC) offers health care services to gay and bisexual men of color.
- SMYAL supports and empowers lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) youth in the Washington, DC, metropolitan region.
- ¡Empodérate! is the only bilingual, HIV program that targets young Latino men who have sex with men between the ages of 18 and 29 in Washington, DC.
- Out For Health knows that you deserve health care that pays attention to ALL of who you are.
RELATIONSHIP HELP & ADVICE
- Huffington Post: Gay Relationships has quality articles about issues facing gay men.
- Love the Hornet app? Did you know that they also have a great blog space?
- Gay Men of African Descent is a supportive community for gay men of color.
- So you’re a man who has sex with men but you were (or are!) in a committed relationship with a woman. GAMMA wants you to know you’re not alone.
- The Bisexual resource center is committed to providing support to the bisexual community and raising public awareness about bisexuality and bisexual people.
- If you haven’t heard about the Good Men Project check it out! If you have did you know they have great content on dating?
OUR CITY, OUR COMMUNITY
- The DC Center for the LGBT Community educates, empowers, celebrates, and connects the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities.
- Washington Blade has been covering LGBT issues since 1969.
- Brightest Young Things is a digital magazine, events, and marketing coordination company.
- DC Pride for everything you need to know about Pride!
- SWERV is a magazine focusing on black and gay men of color.
- Metro Weekly is DC’s LGBTQ weekly magazine.