Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- 5-6 tri-color bell peppers, tops cut off and insides removed
- 1 lb lean turkey, uncooked
- 1 packet “taco” seasoning
- 1 cup rice, cooked (we recommend brown rice!)
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed (canned corn can have added sodium)
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- Cilantro, chopped
- Shredded cheese (skip the cheese for an even healthier dish!)
- Sour Cream (for a healthy and delicious alternative, try greek yogurt!)
- Lime Wedges
- Spray the bottom of a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place peppers inside, open tops facing upwards.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, rice, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce, and taco seasoning. Mix well.
- Place an equal amount of filling into each pepper.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours (until meat is cooked through)
- Drizzle with greek yogurt and serve immediately. Add optional toppings, if desired.
Empowered Being and Fitness Expert Deanna Robinson knows that ending your day with a healthy and nutritious meal is so important to overall health and your sexual health. Deanna Robinson is one of our DC Beings Ambassadors – a group of excellent individuals who embody whole health. You can follow Deanna on Instagram at @deannarobinsonfit.