The Official Rules for the 2021 DC Beings Awards
Only DC Residents over +18. One winner for each category will be selected (12 total). The winner will be chosen by the number of votes. Only 1 winner for each category. The winners will be announced on our social media pages and website.
Common Questions for Nominees
Is everyone eligible to be nominated and win?
No. In order to be a DC Beings Award nominee and winner you must be a DC resident or business. We know that DC is full of wonderful, loving and fearless people who make each of our lives better. We want to celebrate those people and let them know that we see them.
Is there a set number of nominations needed for a nominee to make it to the voting phase?
No. All nominees will be moved to the voting phase. Total nominations will be a deciding factor should there be a tie in the voting phase.
Can I win all the categories?
No. Nominees can win in no more than two award categories.
How many times can I vote?
You can vote for your favorites starting July 16th. You may vote once a day until voting ends on Friday, August 13th.
What if I am tied with someone else?
If two or more nominees are tied after the final vote count the number of nominations they each received prior to the voting phase will be added to their final vote totals to determine a winner.
How can I promote my nomination?
Each nominee has a separate webpage link that can be promoted in the nomination and voting phase through social media.
When will the DC Being award winners be announced?
We will announce the winners on August 20th.
When and how will winners be notified?
Winners will be notified using the contact information available on their nomination page. DC Beings will attempt to contact the winner three times (on the day of selection, one day after selection and two days after selection) before assigning the prize to the next highest vote earner. It is important that winners respond once contacted about next steps to accept the award.
When and how will the winners be paid?
Winners will receive their prizes within two weeks of the announcement on August 20th (by September 3rd). Winners will be notified that they have won their category and given three chances to accept. The winner must provide contact information to verify DC residency, finalize the award process and receive their prize. Specifically, name, telephone number, email address and physical address (ID verification).
Are there any prizes for winning?
Yes, each winner will receive a prize:
- Freakiest DC Resident – $250 online gift card
- Biggest Mouth – $250 online gift card
- Fine Wine – $250 online gift card
- DC Being of the Year – $250 online gift card
- So DC – $250 online gift card
- Woke Prince/bro/King – $250 online gift card
- Queen of the Ballroom – $250 online gift card
- DC Pride and Joy – $250 online gift card
- The DC Spot – A random drawing will be held to award a DCBeings follower with a $250 gift card to use at this location
- Most Sex Positive Small Business – $250 online gift card
- Most Sex Positive Clinic/Provider – Featured in a DCBeings Blog Post
- Spirit of DC – Most liked Video Submission – 1st place $1000 – 2nd place $750 – 3rd place $500
Is the $250 provided in cash?
No. The $250 prize will be provided as an online gift card. Once a nominee has been designated as the winner of a category they will receive a request for additional contact information so that their prize can be issued.
How do I enter into the random drawing for a gift card?
To enter the random drawing to win a $250 gift card to the DC Spot you must:
- Follow DCBEINGS on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook
- Post a picture, graphic or illustration letting us know why you like DCBEINGS or what you have learned by following DCBEINGS
- Use the hashtag #DCBEINGSAWARDS2021 in your post
- Tag us @DCBeings
How will the random drawing be conducted?
Participants’ names will be entered into a random drawing automated system and selected on August 27th. The winners will be announced on August 28th. One winner will be chosen to receive a gift card from the DC Spot.
Spirit of DC - Selection Criteria Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to those who create a video, share the video on social media and tag @dcbeings and use the hashtag #DCBeingsAwards2021 in the post and who are 18 as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sexualbeing.org (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Sexualbeing.org , as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about June 15th and ending August 13th, 2021 . All online entries must be received by August 13th, 2021 11:59PM EST.
- How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on this Contest site. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sexualbeing.org . You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sexualbeing.org
- Prizes: Winners will receive a visa gift card or gift cards according to the following monetary values. $1,000 monetary value Visa gift card or gift cards for the 1st prize winner, $750 monetary value Visa gift card or gift cards for the 2nd prize winner, and $500 monetary value Visa gift card or gift cards for the 3rd prize winner. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sexualbeing.org and Advertising to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Contest will be selected as follows: Participants will post the video on their personal page and tag @DCBeings and use the hashtag #DCBeingAwards2021. The top five most liked videos will be shared to our @DCBEINGS official accounts for the semi-finals, and who gets the most likes on our page wins. Winners will be notified via the social media account they entered the Contest within one (1) day of the finalist selection and within five (5) days following the final winner selection. Sexualbeing.org shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ inability to check social media DMs or comments. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE Contest AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Sexualbeing.org , anyone acting on behalf of Sexualbeing.org , or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: Sexualbeing.org reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contests. In such case, Sexualbeing.org may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sexualbeing.org . Sexualbeing.org reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Sexualbeing.org has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sexualbeing.org reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Contest you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Sexualbeing.org . You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Sexualbeing.org and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND Washington, DC, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Washington, DC having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Sexualbeing.org , 1436 U Street NW, Suite 103, Washington, DC 20009. Requests must be received no later than September, 30th 2021.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Sexualbeing.org, 1436 U Street NW, Suite 103, Washington, DC 20009.