The Official Rules for the 2020 DC Beings Awards
Only DC Residents over +18. One winner for each category will be selected (11 total). The winner will be chosen by the number of votes. Only 1 winner for each category. The winners will be announced on our social media pages and website.
Common Questions for Nominees
Is everyone eligible to be nominated and win?
No. In order to be a DC Beings Award nominee and winner you must be a DC resident or business. We know that DC is full of wonderful, loving and fearless people who make each of our lives better. We want to celebrate those people and let them know that we see them.
Is there a set number of nominations needed for a nominee to make it to the voting phase?
No. All nominees will be moved to the voting phase. Total nominations will be a deciding factor should there be a tie in the voting phase.
Can I win all the categories?
No. Nominees can win in no more than two award categories.
How many times can I vote?
You can vote for your favorites starting July 15th. You may vote once a day until voting ends on Friday, August 14th.
What if I am tied with someone else?
If two or more nominees are tied after the final vote count the number of nominations they each received prior to the voting phase will be added to their final vote totals to determine a winner.
How can I promote my nomination?
Each nominee has a separate webpage link that can be promoted in the nomination and voting phase through social media.
When will the DC Being award winners be announced?
We will announce the winners on August 20th.
When and how will winners be notified?
Winners will be notified using the contact information available on their nomination page. DC Beings will attempt to contact the winner three times (on the day of selection, one day after selection and two days after selection) before assigning the prize to the next highest vote earner. It is important that winners respond once contacted about next steps to accept the award.
When and how will the winners be paid?
Winners will receive their prizes within two weeks of the announcement on August 20th (by September 3rd). Winners will be notified that they have won their category and given three chances to accept. The winner must provide contact information to verify DC residency, finalize the award process and receive their prize. Specifically, name, telephone number, email address and physical address (ID verification).
Are there any prizes for winning?
Yes, each winner will receive a prize:
- Freakiest DC Resident – $250 online gift card
- Biggest Mouth – $250 online gift card
- Fine Wine – $250 online gift card
- DC Being of the Year – $250 online gift card
- So DC – $250 online gift card
- Woke Prince/bro/King – $250 online gift card
- Queen of the Ballroom – $250 online gift card
- DC Pride and Joy – $250 online gift card
- Sexiest Club – A random drawing will be held to award a DCBeings follower with a $250 gift card to use at this location
- Best “Toyshop” – A random drawing will be held to award a DCBeings follower with a $250 gift card to use at this location
- Most Sex Positvie Clinic/Provider – Featured in a DCBeings Blog Post
Is the $250 provided in cash?
No. The $250 prize will be provided as an online gift card. Once a nominee has been designated as the winner of a category they will receive a request for additional contact information so that their prize can be issued.
How do I enter into the random drawing for a gift card?
To enter the random drawing to win a $250 gift card to the Sexiest Club or the Best “Toyshop” you must:
- Follow DCBEINGS on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook
- Post a picture, graphic or illustration letting us know why you like DCBEINGS or what you have learned by following DCBEINGS
- Use the hashtag #DCBEINGAWARDS2020 in your post
- Tag us @DCBeings
How will the random drawing be conducted?
Participants’ names will be entered into a random drawing automated system and selected on August 27th. The winners will be announced on August 28th. One winner will be chosen to receive a gift card from the Sexiest Club and one winner will be chosen to receive a gift card from the Best “Toyshop”.