Pesto Zoodles and Shrimp
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 12 oz Jumbo Cooked Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium-sized zucchinis, spiralized (can substitute pre-made “zoodles”)
- ½ cup basil pesto (can add more or less based on preference)
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (skip for an even healthier dish!)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper and add to skillet, sauteing for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to skillet as well as minced garlic until fragrant (about 15-20 seconds).
- Add zucchini to skillet and cook to warm through (Zucchini gives off a lot of water – pour off before adding shrimp back in). Stir frequently. Not sure when they are ready? Aim for the texture of al dente pasta.
- Add shrimp back into skillet, stir in pesto, and cook to combine (this should be short, just until heated through)
- Transfer out of skillet and serve! If you are using Parmesan cheese, sprinkle on at this point. Enjoy!
Empowered Being and Fitness Expert Deanna Robinson knows that a healthy and nutritious diet is so important to overall health and your sexual health. Deanna Robinson is one of our DC Beings Ambassadors – a group of excellent individuals who embody whole health. You can follow Deanna on Instagram at @deannarobinsonfit.